Income Tax Refund

Tenants can claim the Manitoba Education Property Tax Credit  if you are a resident of Manitoba at the end of the tax year, and if you meet all of the following conditions:

  • you paid rent on a principal residence in Manitoba;
  • your occupancy cost was more than $250; and
  • you were 16 years of age or older at the end of the year.

IMPORTANT:  YOU MUST PROVIDE RECEIPTS OF YOUR RENTAL PAYMENTS.  Ensure you get a receipt from the landlord or you will NOT be eligible for a tax credit!

If you need assistance, here are some suggestions:


rental receipt