A kitchen fire in a rooming house on Pasedena Ave occured this past Saturday on March 24, 2017.  Luckily no students were hurt, we were lucky this time.

This event is a prime example of why we need to keep fighting against illegal rooming houses which are a growing problem in our area.  Thank you to all area residents who continue to monitor and call 311 when they see housing situtation that poses a risk to the students living in our area.

For more information on this fire and the rental housing fight please see this article written by the Winnipeg Free Press.