As a volunteer Board of Directors, we are committed to considering the concerns and issues of all members before establishing priorities and taking action on behalf of the neighbourhood association.
The purpose of the Board of Directors is to provide information to help resident address their concerns. Members of the Board are all volunteers, giving their time to help educate residents, tenants and landlords on concerns.
The Board of Directors will be meeting on a monthly basis. We will also hold public meetings for members as needed to share information on topics being addressed as well as our accomplishments and successes. We may also hold public meetings to educate our members as well as other interested parties. To suggest a topic to be addressed by the Board of Directors, please contact us.
In addition, the Board will send out an E-newsletter to members as new developments or accomplishments arise.
- Chair – Denise Crosbie
- Vice-Chair – Jacquie Field
- Street Captain Coordinator – Vacant
- Technical Communications Coordinator – Vacant
- Secretary-Treasurer – Vacant
- Student Outreach – Vacant
For a description of each board position and duties involved please see this Board Information Document
Non-Voting Board Members
- City Councillor (South Winnipeg – St Norbert Ward)
- MLA (Fort Richmond)
If you would like to contact a member of the board please email us as email@example.com
Board Positions & Descriptions
For a description of each board position and association duties, please see the board information document.
Sub-Committees – Non-Voting Positions
Four sub-committees meet on an as needed basis and work closely with the Board of Directors and City Councillor. Volunteers on these sub-committees investigate best practices and take action from several different perspectives.
- Internet Monitoring
- Monitor’s the internet for rental ads (Kijiji) and reports to Vice-Chair who mantains the list of assumed rental properties.
- Looks at MLS listings and ComFree listings for listings that are violating single family dwelling zoning and reports to community relations person for reporting to real estate board.
- International Internet Monitoring – Monitors international ads (WeChat) & social media to gather information on illegal rental housing ads.
- Postcard stock – keep locations stocked with postcards (Pembina Trails Library, MLA sarah guillemard, Terry Duguid office)
Offers of assistance are welcome and greatly appreciated! If you wish to volunteer for a sub-committee, please contact us.